“I think any leader must jump in and do what's needed to make things happen.” - Dr. Brenton White
Our guest today is Dr. Brenton White.
He is the Superintendent/ CEO of A+ Charter Schools with over 23 years of experience in education.
In this episode, we discuss the challenges of being a leader, the importance of education for underserved communities, how competition improves school performance and gives insight into teacher shortages.
- “When people say, “Oh, you can't color trees purple.” the ones that persist continue to be artists. The others acclimate to the norm.”
- “I think any leader must jump in and do what's needed to make things happen.”
- “We have a lot of students who graduate and become teachers. And in fact, we have five teachers right now who were students.”
- “Retention has a lot to do with culture and so we're trying to create the best culture possible.”
Where to learn more about Dr. White:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brenton-white-ed-d-148b953b/
- A+ Charter Schools: https://www.apluscharterschools.org/301143_2
Where to learn more about Enrollhand:
Our website: www.enrollhand.com