Interview: Why schools need a value proposition, with Grant Lichtman
"Your value proposition is very simply the difference between what you say you're going to do and what you actually do as viewed through the eyes of your customer." - Grant Lichtman
Welcome to School Growth Mastery, an interview series developed by Enrollhand. At Enrollhand, we help over 200 schools, preschools and universities find their voice, attract their ideal parents and grow!
In this interview series, we will bring on a diverse list of educational leaders, from school heads, school growth coaches, college admissions officers, enrollment marketing experts, parents, and more, each with a unique insight into how you should grow your school in this changing landscape.
In this episode, we are joined by Grant Lichtman, an internationally recognized thought leader in the drive to transform K-12 education.
In our discussion, we cover:
- How market forces are shaping the K-12 school landscape.
- Why schools now need a value proposition.
- How schools can find more time to differentiate and innovate.
- Examples of how a school can grow by crafting engaging learning experiences.
- What is a school operating system.
- Practical ways to make your school more attractive: an affordable makerspace, a learning commons, flexible classrooms.
- And, finally, where should a school start?
Here are some resources mentioned in our discussion:
Design39 formed their operating system around essentially three blocks of time.
Mount Vernon Presbyterian School in Atlanta has laid out one of the first school operating systems.
Stairway of Successful Innovation by Grant Lichtman
Where to learn more about Grant:
Where to learn more about Enrollhand:
Our webinar: https://webinar-replay.enrollhand.com
Our free Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/schoolgrowth/